Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Five Questions About Teen Music Night


Kamron Hazel and Bailey Luke curated the upcoming Teen Music Night at MCA Denver. Kamron is a former Teen Council (TeCo) intern who has spent the past summer working for MCA Denver’s special events and programs. Kamron went to Cherry Creek High School in Aurora and joined TeCo during his senior year. Bailey is also a former TeCo intern who attended Colorado Academy in Denver and joined TeCo during her senior year. She has worked over the summer as the technical assistant during Mixed Taste: Tag Team Lectures on Unrelated Topics.

MCA Denver: What is Teen Music Night and who can attend?

Kamron Hazel: Teen Music Night is an event this Saturday, July 10 from 6–9PM. It is an opportunity for teens to come down to MCA Denver to hear six of Denver's most promising young bands play sets on the museum's roof deck. Anyone can attend – teenagers, their parents and siblings or anyone who wants to see local talent.

Bailey Luke: People can hang out with their friends while supporting and learning about Denver's music scene. The evening is FREE for everyone under 18, thanks to the Merage Foundation Grant we received. It is 10¢ for anyone else.

MCA: How and why did you select the bands?

KH: I went to high school with The Baltic. They have done a lot of shows recently – they played the Underground Music Showcase. Some of the other bands have been the openers at different shows around town.

BL: The Church Goers were a band that my friends created during my senior year and their string skills combined with their well thought out lyrics was a huge hit at my school. I also contacted the band Meaghan and Jacob, because Jacob will be in Teen Failure Lab (MCA Denver’s new name for TeCo) next year, so I thought it would be awesome to have his band play here.


MCA: You are on your way to college. Where are you going and what are you going to study?

KH: I am going to the Maryland Institute College of Art (MICA) to study illustration with a minor in painting.

BL: I am heading to Kenyon College in Gambier, OH. I am planning to double major in English and Philosophy, although that may change in the years to come.

MCA: What will you miss most about Denver? What are you most looking forward to in college?

KH: I will miss the people and miss the familiarity of having somewhere to call home. But I am looking forward to being around a group of people that love art.

BL: I am going to miss my family and the communities I've gotten to be a part of at my school, at MCA Denver, and beyond. I will also miss the wonderful cultural center that Denver is, especially since I am heading to a very small town. I am incredibly excited though to be studying the things I am most passionate about while also being with kids who share those same passions.

MCA: What has been the best part of working at MCA Denver?

KH: Seeing different art, meeting the artists and being part of all the cool things that are going on.

BL: I have loved the people and loved the environment. The artists and the people that I work with are very passionate, supportive, interesting, and willing to teach us anything we want to know. It has been amazing to have the opportunity to work here.

2 comments:

Bullion Jackpot Call said...

good infomation for sharing.
thanks,
Hni Tips

madin said...

replica gucci shoes, combining elegant style and cutting-edge technology, a variety of styles of replica gucci mens shoes, the pointer walks between your exclusive taste style.

Post a Comment